July 3, 2013

Clean Living l Homemade whole wheat tortillas

Welcome back to my Clean Living series. Today, I have a treat for you! I hope you all try it out, because once you make the switch you will never want to go back!

A staple in our home since switching over to clean eating has been homemade whole wheat tortillas. They are easy to make, delicious and practically go with anything. Besides, they taste so so so so much better than anything you could buy at the store. 

 I use these for wraps, use as a chip for salsa and even as the bread in homemade pizzas. My hubs even likes it in his soup or with his eggs at breakfast. 


Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oil (I have used coconut, olive oil or avocado oil)
1 cup warm water
2 pinches of salt

Directions: 
Add all ingredients in a bowl expect warm water. 
Mix together well and gradually add water until the dough is smooth. 
Divide you dough into 10 pieces or if you use it to make pizza it will make 3 pizza crusts. 
Use a glass or rolling pin to flatten out. I have to add flour to my table and glass so the dough will not stick.
In a skillet, turn the heat to medium/high. 
Place you dough in pan and leave for 30 seconds. Turn over and do the same to other side. 
Eat and enjoy. These babies do not last long!


What's your favorite clean eating staple in your house?



Walking in the Light

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love making homemade tortillas!! If I had known how easy their were and how much better they tasted I would have made them all along. My recipe looks pretty similar to yours, execpt I add baking powder to they kind of puff up and get those bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. this seems much easier than the complex recipe my gma gave me for flour tortillas. that's why i never make them. i might try this version but add a little baking powder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! I have never made homemade tortillas before but now I'm going to give it a try! Thank you for posting this! I'm so excited to get some made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try these! What do you mean when you say "clean eating" my hubby and I are trying to switch to healthier food and I feel like everyone has a different definition. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just passed to see what’s cookin! Wow, this really lipsmacking up to the last bite! I really love having new recipes to be added to my collection. Thanks a whole bunch for sharing! Anyway, every Sunday I usually cook spaghetti or lasagna for the kids while my hubby enjoys grilled burgers.


    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips