January 15, 2013

Edgars Story

Have you ever read a story that brings tears to your eyes and a pleading prayer from your lips? I ask you as you read over Edgars story to send prayers the Lord's way for this child of God.


Stacey, over at Where He Leads works for New Horizons where families can host an international orphaned child while sharing of Christ's love. Many of the children have never had a good/healthy/affectionate family life. Please don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about bringing these kids over for the wealth of America and for all the material possessions. No, these kids are like everyone else - desiring love.

As followers, we are called to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20), to care for the orphans and the widows (James 1:27), and to serve God unceasingly (Acts 1:6-8).

This is something close to my heart and my husbands. We give our Father a blank check with our lives and I pray for you, dear friend, for this as well. There is nothing special or great about us, we just want to live our lives according to His will.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

 "I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
'Whom shall I send and who will go for us?'
Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me!' " Isaiah 6:8


I could go on for pages and pages about adoption, these children and Christ's sovereignty,but today I won't. I ask you dear sister for prayers for these kids. I don't know where God will lead you with this, but I ask you - will you lay down a blank check at His feet?

"Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12
 
 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I too, have read Edgars story, and it brought me to tears. I have a friend who was a host and then adopted the girl they hosted, and she shared this story on her page. Such beautiful children looking for love! So glad you're helping to share his story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Clara! Jesus said when you have done for the least of them, you have done it for Me! I love your heart for the things that are closest to His! Thanks so much for dropping by and following...following your lovely blog now! Have a blessed day!

    Michell @Prowess and Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips