December 19, 2012

Reindeer Cookies

I had a gloomy day at work and wanted to come home and make something that would cheer me right on up. I thought about what I wanted to make and nothing was coming to mind. Then, poof..I remembered the nutter butters that were on my desk and I knew what I wanted to create - reindeer cookies!

This was such a simple and no-stress snack I whipped up in no time. I think I am going to have to make these with my nephew and nieces over Christmas.

The other good news about this project is that there are hardly and ingredients and you don't have to bake it!

Ingredients:
Nutter butter cookies
Classic white frosting
Mini M&M's
Pretzels

Tools:
Zip lock bag/sandwich bag
Knife
Scissors
First, I grabbed some white frosting and add it to my zip lock bag. With this new pipping bag, I clipped the bottom of the bag with scissors allowing only a tiny opening. This allows me to easily squirt the frosting where I needed it.
I took my nutter butter cookies and opened them into two halves. From there, I put a dot of frosting at the top of the cookie and one at the bottom.


Then, I took a knife and cut the pretzels into antlers. When I tried to break them apart, they crumbled - the knife was a great solution to keep the pretzels from breaking into a million pieces.



I added my pretzel antlers at the top of the cookie on top of the icing dot  and placed the other half of the cookie back on top.


Then, I put two small dollops on the top of the cookie for eyes and one at the bottom for the nose. Some of my dots for the eyes smeared together, but I figured it gave them more character anyway. Who wants perfect cookies anyhow? ;)


Lastly, I took some mini M&M's and placed them on top of the frosting. I chose blue and brown M&M's for the eyes and a read nose for each to look like Rudolph. 


I think they turned out pretty cute! They were super easy and yummy in my tummy! !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips